If an employee gets sick or injured on the job, your first instinct is to say, “What can I do, how can I help?”
The idea behind workers compensation is simple. It’s a no-fault insurance program. As an employer you pay for workers’ compensation insurance and in return your business is covered for work-related accidents.
Workers’ compensation insurance is required by law in almost every state. Each state’s rules and requirements vary significantly. We can help you handle these and other details.
Workers compensation coverage from our companies can help pay for doctor, medical and hospital bills. It will help make up for lost wages and cover rehab and other expenses. We will work with you and your employee to return them to work as soon as reasonably possible; or if necessary, to other transitional work, and may include training with new skills. If your employee can’t return to work, it will pay a long-term benefit. Or, if an employee dies due to a work related accident, it will pay an insurance benefit to their family.
Experienced Claim Handling; Nationwide Reach of Care
Your business counts on the talents, initiative, and intelligence of your employees. They give you their best, and if they get hurt on the job, you want to give them the chance to recover and get back to what they do best. We agree. That’s why we give your employees access to experience, caring professionals:
- Excellent Claim Service: You’ll get help when you need it most, from a knowledgeable staff ready and waiting for you at our several regional claim centers.
- Preferred Medical Provider Network: Your employees can tap our nationwide networks which include more than 300,000 doctors, experienced at treating workplace injuries.
- Pharmacy Benefit Management: There are more than 49,000 participating pharmacies throughout the US that can fill prescriptions, usually with no out-of-pocket expense for the injured worker. The convenience of mail order service is just a phone call or click away.
- Nursed Back to Health: our companies will provide nurse case managers with in-depth medical expertise to help coordinate care, treatments, physical, emotional and occupational therapies.
- Team-Work: Working with the injured employee, the nurse case manager, employer, claims handler and all involved parties, we help put together a plan to help injured employees find appropriate transitional duties that fit their current abilities.
- Negotiated Network Rates: We’ll negotiate the best rates possible and then make sure appropriate discounts are applied for all treatment with network providers.